Daily Prompt: Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
1. I’m allergic to chicken. It’s weird, I know. But whenever I’m asked to say something “unique” about myself, it’s the first thing that comes to mind.
2. I was done with my Bachelor’s degree by the time I was 20. I stuck around another semester for work, and took fun classes like volleyball and TA’d for a Psych class. I finished my Master’s at 23. I’m a nerd.
3. I may have a slight addiction to tattoos. I’ve recently been told I don’t look like a “tattoo person” and that just makes me want to get more.
4. I used to pass out about once a year when I was younger, starting when I was in like first grade. It was always really embarrassing because most of the time it happened at school. As I got older, it started happening less often, but every once and awhile I still faint for no particular reason. I’m to the point where I can now tell when it’s coming and at least make sure I don’t fall and hurt myself. When I was younger, my mom took me to the doctor, but they could never figure out what was causing it.
5. One of the things I want most in life is to have my own house. I’ve felt this way since I was about 18. All my life changes and delays in “starting my life” really bother me because it just pushes back the time until I’m able to buy a home.
6. I’ve always had a difficult time coming up with “unique” and “exciting” things about myself, because mostly my life is boring. Even though I’m now working with girls to try to increase their self esteem and confidence, it was still hard for me to come up with six of these darn things!